In light of COVID-19, The Fitness Fix Inc. is following the directives
by the Alberta government, Public Health and the Ministry of Health. In
this regard, The Fitness Fix Inc. is starting to offer virtual care in
an effort to try to continue to care for our clients safely and effectively.
This means that we will be using the following technology to provide services:
Skype, Zoom, and/or Facebook (the “Technology”).
Some health concerns can be addressed with services via the Technology,
but in some cases it may not be possible. In the event a physical Assessment
is necessary or in an emergency, you will be required to visit a hospital
or other health care facility.
Before proceeding, you should understand that services via the Technology
is not a substitute for in-person communication or clinical assessments.
The Fitness Fix Inc. offers virtual kinesiology sessions/appointments
via the Technology (the “Services”). The Services are available
to clients who are unable to attend in-person sessions, either in a clinic
or community setting. Clients must meet specific criteria to utilize the
Services and those will be discussed with you. Before I/we can provide
the Services, we need to make sure you are aware of the potential risks
of this type of appointment/session and agree to assume these risks.
Potential Risks of the Services include, but may not be limited for the
• Reduced ability to accurately assess your physical function, strength,
cardiovascular fitness, flexibility or other movement patterns compared
to in-person service.
• Reduced ability to recognize faulty or incorrect exercise posture
or movements, due to camera viewing angle, clarity of image, size of image,
visual artifacts, two-dimensional viewing, ability to move around and view
from multiple angles, along with others.
• The security of the Technology cannot be guaranteed; however, every
effort is made to ensure your session cannot be intercepted or otherwise
accessed by unknown person(s) or entities on the internet. We utilize a
platform that we understand to be complaint with privacy and confidentiality
requirements, including the Health Information Act (HIA). Further information
about the platform’s security measures are available upon request.
• Your internet connection may be subject to unauthorized interception
if it is not securely encrypted, you are accessing from an open wi-fi network,
either in your home or outside of your home, such as a coffee shop. To
maintain your personal privacy, you should ensure that your internet connection
is secure and you are not utilizing an open wi-fi system, in order to prevent
unintended access by others to any session(s) between yourself and the
• Hardware, including computers, tablets, laptops and cellular phones
have inherent risks to infection from computer viruses, malware or applications
which record and spy on your device usage. To prevent this exposure, you
should only install trusted applications, install spyware/malware detection
software on your device, utilize a firewall and a VPN to reduce the risks.
• Video conferencing systems may retain information of video or teleconference
session(s) between the kinesiologist and yourself (the client) outside
of Canada, which means that foreign laws may apply to any of the recorded
• Other risks of utilizing the Services include:
o Equipment failure
o Internet service failure/disruption (either party)
o Delay or failure to receive necessary healthcare due to equipment failure
or internet disruption
The reasonable alternative(s) to using the Services are:
• In-person (face-to-face) appointments/sessions (when possible)
• Telephone appointments/sessions (when suitable)
I Acknowledge and Understand that:
• The Fitness Fix Inc. cannot guarantee the security of the information
shared over the Technology.
• I have the right to withdraw my consent to the Services at any
time, but that this consent is not retroactive to previous video/teleconferencing
treatment/sessions. I understand that my withdrawal of consent will not
affect my future care or treatment.
• The Fitness Fix Inc. may withdraw use of the Technology gat any
time, should the security of the Technology come into question or for any
• If for any reason the Technology is not suitable, becomes unsuitable
due to safety or other concerns, for my treatment due to elevated risk
of injury, complications or any other reason, based on the opinion of the
kinesiologist, I agree to discuss and make arrangements to attend in-person
sessions with The Fitness Fix Inc. or another healthcare provider of my
• All legislative and requirements of the College of Kinesiologists
of Alberta apply to the Services
• The Fitness Fix Inc. will inform me if any other known person will
participate or can hear or see any part of our session before the session
• I am responsible for making sure my devices, phone, tablet, or
computer - have up to date software to allow for the Technology.